How do you build a career with meaning?
Why do some writers and creators become known for a term, a phrase, or even an entire category, while others (talented as they might be) fade away?
Because the most memorable writers and creators become known for a niche they own. And, more importantly, they invented new language to help them show the world how and why they are different.
In typical Pirate fashion, this “mini-book” is the furthest thing you’ll find to conventional personal branding advice or “the ultimate guide to marketing yourself well.” Christopher Lochhead, Eddie Yoon, and Nicolas Cole (otherwise known as Category Pirates), reveal why it’s not enough to just be “better” than the competition. You have to be different—radically different—and then you have to invent new language that solidifies your new ground.
And they did it by inventing a new word that means exactly what they are preaching (how meta is that?).
Languaging: The strategic use of language to change thinking.
Languaging, according to Category Pirates, is what separates legendary writers, creators, and thinkers who make a dent in the universe from everyone else. It’s word-of-mouth marketing at its finest.
Want to stand out?
You can’t just “be” different. You have to Name & Claim your “different,” so other people can talk about it.
In this “mini-book” you will learn:
- How legendary writers use languaging: the strategic use of language to change thinking.
- Why it’s so important to “niche down,” and why the greatest writers & creators become known for a niche they own.
- What makes word-of-mouth marketing work, and how you can use Languaging to put “the right words in the right mouths.”
- How companies like Pfizer, Netflix, and McKinsey & Company all used Languaging to change the way customers perceived the value of their products and services.
- How Peter Drucker became one of the most prolific business writers in the world by using Languaging.
- How Malcolm Gladwell used Languaging to write one of the best-selling nonfiction books of our generation, The Tipping Point.
- And how Languaging + Category Design = a legendary, differentiated career.
Short, sweet, and to the point, this is niche marketing at its finest, and a playbook for how you can become known for a niche you own.