The entire field of “analysis” (of any kind: habitual, financial, data usage, etc.) is backward-looking.
You are analyzing data from the past.
The thing is, no one really wants to challenge the past. Not even the smartest people in the most technical of fields where you would think subjectivity didn’t have much room.
And this approach works great if your goal is to incrementally optimize an existing business.
But if you want to reveal exponential opportunities to create a different future, you need Category Science—the counterintuitive art of rejecting what’s “normal.”
In this “mini-book” you will learn:
- How to use Category Science to discover and extract weird, unusual, easily ignored data points that reveal exponential opportunities.
- Case studies from Staples, OfficeMax, Tesla, and more that show the weirder the data, the bigger the wealth creation potential.
- How to approach data from a forward-looking lens to discover insights that reveal how the future is going to be different from the past.
- 12+ questions that can help you pinpoint who, within your massive data set of customers, are the ones you should spend the vast majority of your time, energy, resources, and attention serving.
- Ways to think like a Category Scientist and build a multibillion-dollar market cap Category King that creates net-new demand by leveraging Superconsumers.
Short, sweet, and jam-packed with incredibly valuable insights, this “mini-book” shares the fundamentals of Category Science and how training yourself to reject “what’s normal" can help you look like a genius in the long term.