Legendary writers, the ones who stand the test of time, create a category of one.
They’re snow leopards.
Snow Leopard is the first writing advice book ever written through a Category Design lens. Inside, what you will not find are a bunch of nose-picky suggestions for how you can make your writing “better.” There will be no talk of comma placement, grammatical correctness, or a recap of Joseph Campbell’s “Hero’s Journey.”
Instead, you will internalize a completely new way of framing your ideas, stories, and insights to reach and resonate with the most people possible. Written by the world’s first “business writing band,” Category Pirates—made up of Christopher Lochhead, Eddie Yoon, and Nicolas Cole—Snow Leopard shows you how to create a category for yourself, master the art of Obvious & Non-Obvious content, monetize in new ways, and enjoy a lifelong career of independence, creative freedom, and exponential financial upside.
In decades past, David Ogilvy, Gary Halbert, Leo Burnett, Gary Bencivenga, Al Ries & Jack Trout, and many more master communicators have all written about the psychology behind how messages spread. Snow Leopard builds on their work and, along with dozens of new insights and frameworks, roots this thinking in the Digital Age.
In this book you will find:
- The Content Pyramid: A proven framework for becoming a differentiated Creator or Curator
- Writer Business Models: A comprehensive guide breaking down all the different ways writers & creators can monetize their work in the Digital Age.
- Content Marketing Opportunities: An insider’s take on why the growing content marketing industry is becoming more and more saturated (and the opportunity this creates for you).
- The Art Of Fresh Thinking: A timeless framework for ensuring your ideas are original, unique, and highly differentiated.
- The Power of a POV: A new way of thinking about “scaling yourself” on the Internet–and why you never want to be a “better version” of an existing thing.
- Quick Guide To Languaging: A never-before-shared model for inventing new language to get ideas to “stick”—and the unfair advantage this creates.
- How To Write A Book That Scales: And dozens of insights from the world’s largest non-fiction study of business books, reverse-engineering books that grab people’s attention from books that flop.
Whether you are a writer, creator, entrepreneur, executive, public speaker, investor, or industry thought leader, Snow Leopard is your guide for becoming known for a niche you own. And experiencing the life-changing outcomes that come with being completely differentiated.