Actual “thinking” is not reflexive. It’s reflective.
Almost all thinking is reflexive (having an unconscious “reflex” in response) versus “reflective” (taking a moment to consciously reflect on how the past may have created a preexisting mental model keeping you from considering a new and different future).
But reflexive thinking causes a scarcity of fresh thinking in the world.
In order to build the skill of coming up with fresh, new ideas, we have to first define what it means to “think.”
In this “mini-book” you will learn:
- How Sequoia Capital's mental awareness to ask a "thinking" question led to investing in Airbnb—and earning more than $12 billion.
- Strategic ways to move up and out of Obvious, incremental instruction and into exponential Non-Obvious thinking.
- Why languaging your thinking is the secret to being seen as a brilliant thinker and writer.
- The 5 archetypes of highly effective creators, writers, and entrepreneurs who create Non-Obvious ideas.
- Tips to become legendary by knowing the people you're creating for, what their expectations are, and why it matters to them.
Packed with incredibly valuable insights, this short “mini-book” shows how to spot, create, or unlock Non-Obvious problems and solutions to come up with the most valuable ideas.